To help develop the next generation of live sport streaming solutions for the Enterprise market.
Are you an Android App Developer who can Screach?
Are you a app development ninja? Do you solve Mensa puzzles for breakfast? Can you listen attentively, speak articulately, and appreciate a well-placed moustache joke? Would you like to contribute to the world by creating new ways to engage and entertain people? If so, keep reading; we would love to talk to you!
We are currently looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic & experienced Android Developer for a full-time opportunity here at Screach. You will work within the Tech team, developing and maintaining and adding cool new capabilities to our Android media player.
Who are we looking for?
- Expert in Android App and Launcher development using the Kotlin programming language.
- Experience working with ExoPlayer, Room Databases, Co-routines, Flows, a must.
- Experience with MQTT concepts are highly desirable.
- Testing such as Unit testing or similar, including use of tools applicable for their supported technologies and testing with mock objects.
- Demonstrates an ability to deliver clean, readable, documented and highly optimised code.
- Experience working with agile software development processes with rapid iteration cycles (1–2 weeks).
- Experience of working in a small team but under own supervision, able to define, prioritise and manage own workload.
- Strong work ethic.
- Understands the importance of and is committed to self-learning and skills development in their personal time.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent command of English language (reading, writing & verbal).
- Passionate, driven and critical of their own work.
- Enjoys working in a fast-moving agile culture.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional android applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Perform tests to optimise performance.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Developing performance and automation test suites.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a similar field.
- Previous experience working in a similar role.
- Advanced programming skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing and testing protocols.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.