To ensure that the Screach software solution is of the highest quality.
WHO ARE SCREACH?
We are Screach, a small, innovative, hardworking, friendly team of humans based in Newcastle. We are building an exciting venture capital backed UK tech company that due to our aggressive growth plans are now recruiting top-notch people for dynamic and challenging roles. Our innovative thinking is not just consigned to our market leading technology but also the way we work.
This means, we don’t tell you what salary we offer, how many holidays you can take or even what days you have to work – you tell us what works for you and if you demonstrate you’re worth it, we’ll get as close as we can to delivering EVERTYTHING you want. In return we’re looking for extremely talented, dedicated, hardworking, motivated team members (No clock watchers need apply) who want to stretch themselves and help build something truly special to be proud of.
ARE YOU A QA ENGINEER WHO CAN SCREACH?
Do you have unrivaled attention to detail? Do you love to squash bugs of the software variety? Can you listen attentively, speak articulately, and appreciate a well-placed mustache joke? Would you like to contribute to the world by creating new ways to engage and entertain people? If so, keep reading; we would love to talk to you!
We are currently looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic & experienced QA Engineer for a full-time opportunity here at Screach. You will work within the Tech team, taking both automated and non-automated approaches to testing of our solution and providing tech support to our customer service team. You will be responsible for the quality of our software solution. Help to create never-been-done-before solutions to complex, global challenges that impact millions of people and businesses.
We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of consumer engagement and digital marketing in retail. Come build solutions using an amazing tech stack, well defined practices, and leveraging the latest advancements in cloud computing, Big data analytics, AI & ML automation and OTT streaming in the enterprise (both live & VOD).
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
We work with the latest technologies such as .NET Core, MongoDB, Docker, Kafka, Angular, Android, Tizen & others to build mission-critical, scalable and robust products that power Screach. We have well defined development practices and help you deliver value faster and more transparently. We will encourage you to learn, grow and challenge yourself daily to become the best ‘You’ you can be. We expect you to support, listen, and contribute to make our team the best it can be.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Functional and technical understanding of APIs, mobile development and web development
- Focus on details, critical approach and edge case detection
- Ability to detach and give a bird’s-eye view on the product
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and tools
- Use deployment tools (TeamCity, Octopus)
- Knowledge of issue-tracking tools (Jira, Podio)
- OOP knowledge is a big plus
- Knowledge of a programming language (C#, Java) is a plus as well
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, analytic, mature and responsible
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learning
COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Any related certification is a big plus
- Online presence of recent work is a plus as well
- Courses and certificates are welcome
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS:
The QA Engineer is responsible for the following:
Processes and infrastructure
- Setup, manage and use the testing tools
- Proactively contribute to the testing procedures and flows
- Monitor servers performance
- Provide feedback on functional and technical specifications
- Understand functional and technical requirements
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, execute, debug and improve automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression tests
- Perform usability tests
- Perform integration tests
- Give feedback on the functionality, technicality, usability and opportunity of the product
- Ensure that the functionalities meet the business objectives and integrate within the overall company culture
- Record and publish release notes
- Assist and test the deployments (test, staging, live)
- Monitor and track production issues