CHANGING SCREEN ORIENTATION
We've added even more functionality to your My.Screach portal. You'll now have the ability to change screen orientation from landscape to portrait without complicated configuration. This feature is available to customers on a Screach Plus, Digital Signage, Essential or Complete package.
STEP BY STEP
1. First, you'll need to change the screens selected orientation within My.Screach. To do so, login to the portal, click on the devices tab and find the Screach box connected to your chosen screen.
2. Once you've found the appropriate Screach box, you'll need to right click and select 'Set Orientation'.
Note: Your box must be online in order for you to see the 'Set Orientation' option.
3. A pop-up will appear asking you if you'd like to change the screen orientation to portrait clockwise or portrait anti-clockwise.
4. Select your screens orientation and click 'Set'.
Note: If you change the screen orientation of a Screach box that is linked to several screens, all of the associated screens will be affected by the change.
After changing your screen orientation in My.Screach you'll need to upload portrait assets to play on screen.
This can be done 1 of 2 ways, you can either upload a portrait asset to a blank media item, or, upload the portrait version to an existing landscape asset.
5. To begin either process you must ensure you're still logged in and the media tab is selected.
6. If you're uploading the portrait version of an existing landscape asset, you'll need to find the pre-existing landscape asset in the media area on the left hand side of the screen, click on it and select 'Edit'. After which, you can skip to point 8 in this walkthrough guide.
7. If you're looking to upload a completely new portrait asset which has no pre-existing landscape version, click 'Create New Media Item' in the top left of your screen and select 'Create Blank Media Item'.
8. You'll then be presented with the new promotion edit area, from here you'll be able to see 4 areas labelled, 'Landscape', 'Portrait', 'Promo' and 'Banner'.
9. The 'Portrait' area is where you can upload assets that are designed to fit portrait screens. To do so, click on the button with three dots arranged vertically, choose 'Select File', and then you are free to select a suitable sized asset.
Note: Assets uploaded to the 'Portrait' area must have dimensions equalling 720 x 1280
10. Once you've uploaded your assets click 'Update'.
11. You’ll now return to the media page, drag the promotion from the left of your screen to the right, into your playlist.
12. Click 'Publish'.
13. Congratulations, your portrait promotion is now published to screen!
Note: Your screen will only play promotions that match your screen orientation. For example, if you only have 1 uploaded portrait promotion and your screen orientation is selected as portrait, that is the only promotion that will play.
Note: After completing the screen orientation process you will still see your local channel filled with your landscape promotions. Don't worry, your screens will only play portrait assets if the process above has been completed accuratly.
If you have any further questions or need more assistance feel free to get in contact via,